Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Matthew!!




I can't believe it's been two years already. How fast it goes. Last year we had a HUGE Blue's Clues birthday party. This year we had an Elmo party. It was small this year because we couldn't go home. But my mom was here and we celebrated a yesterday just before she left to catch her plane home.
Matthew is so into Elmo now so we made him an Elmo cake. It was that or Wall-e which is is also big into that. But Elmo was an easier cake so we went with that.
I decided not to star tip the cake this year because of time. So we fluffed the iceing to make it look more furry like elmo. But I suggest not to buy whipped iceing when decorating a cake. It tends to melt and I had to fix it the next morning.




Playing with grandma

All ready for the party.

We handed Matt his first gift

and he had a complete melt down. But it was also nap time!

So I got it started for him and he came over and started to rip it open.






The excitment was just to exauhsting for her.

Trying to sneak a lick.


Seeing who can blow out the candle first!

Trying to share his lunch with his Elmo cake

Playing in the water with his friends.

No comments: