Monday, January 10, 2011

Himalayan Salt Block

Wayne got me himalayan salt block for my birthday this year. It came a day late but it was so fun to get. I opend the box and had no idea what it was at first. Took me a minuet and reading the name of it a few times for it to click. I was so excited I wanted to cook on it right away...but we had no steaks. I was telling Wayne to bad we don't have steaks and he said we do...I picked some up on the way home! I was so excited to get cooking.
I went to the DC cooking expo with a friend, Operation Home Cooking. I found the salt slabs there and tasted some steak that was cooked on it..oh my gosh it is so good. So I had told Wayne about it and how I wanted to get one.
You can put them on the stove in the oven or on the grill. You slowly heat it up, so it takes about 30-40 minuets to heat up. Then you just throw your food on there and cook it. It cooks the salt right into the meat, not just on the outside of the meat.
So we went through our pantry to and threw a quick meal together of steak, mashed potatoes, corn, olive (for the kids) apples and sparkling cider. It was a VERY yummy birthday dinner.



The first picture is of our steak, we cut it up because we have little kids.


These are the salt slabs and the other pictures are just to show what else you can cook on it.


No comments: