Monday, March 23, 2009

A broken ankle and Twilight.

Wow what a bad Friday we had. Wayne was going to get off work so we could go shopping for the baby. He was supposed to get off at 12. Matt slept in until 11 that morning. Something he has never done, but I'm so glad he did. Anyway I got up with Matt and sent a message to Wayne telling him about Matt. I never heard anything back from him which surprised me. So I called to make sure he was still getting off early. I started to get myself and Matt ready to go. At about 12:30 I decided to call again to see where he was I still hadn't heard anything from him. No answer, I was starting to get mad. I kept think he's lucky I'm not calling to say I'm in labor or that Matt was hurt, we only have one car! Well at 1:30 I get a call and it's Wayne. He's calling from the base Medical Clinic to tell me he has fractured his let in two places. Now this is the bad part. My first thought was well now who's going go tonight to get my copy of Twilight! Then I asked if he was ok and how bad was it.
He had to drive up to Maryland to the Army(eww gross) Hospital. They ended up just putting him in a walking boot. Come to find out it's an air cast. I guess it's still new. But it's a walking boot that you pump up with air. Personally I still think he should be in a cast seeing as he takes that boot of when ever he can! Oh well we'll see how this air cast works out.
That night we kept Matt up and took him with us to go get our copy of Twilight. Driving when 9 months pregnant is not an easy thing for me. My belly tends to get in the way a bit. I'm too short. To reach the pedals put my belly to close to the steering wheel which would be bad if the airbag deployed. And to sit back at a safe distance make it so I can barely reach the pedal with my tip toes!
Also they only had Twilight on DVD and not Blu Ray which made me mad. So I got my sister in law her copy and opened it when I got home and watched hers!

No comments: