Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mason's Blessing

We blessed Mason a couple Sundays ago. Wow what a stress it was to try and get his blessing outfit. I could have used Matt's but I really wanted him to have his own. I had one picked out online that I LOVED and was going to order but we weren't sure when we were going to bless him and kept putting it off. Well my mom came out to visit for a couple weeks and we decided to bless him while she was here. So we decided to just pay extra to ship the outfit over night....they don't do overnight to HI and it wouldn't get her until the 29th and he was being blessed on the 24th. So the hunt began to find a store on the island that sold blessing outfits. I found one that I loved...but the smallest it was made in was 6-9 months. I went to about 10 different stores and everyone was sold out. So Saturday I finally decided to try Babies R Us...what'd ya know they had ONE boys christening outfit left and just so happened to be 0-3 months, so I grabbed it bought it and headed home. Sunday morning we got up and all got ready on time for once. I came down to dress Mason and Wayne had already done it without me....I was a little mad but oh well. Anyway Wayne asked me what was wrong with this picture...I looked at Mason and was confused for a minuet. Then I saw a black square on his right leg....it was the security ink tag!!! I wanted to cry at first but then just realized there was nothing I could do but just deal with it. So we grabbed a white blanket and wrapped it over his legs. It was kinda funny though because when Wayne held Mason up after the blessing the blanket fell off his one leg...of course the one with the tag on it!
The blessing went fine although I couldn't hear one bit of it except for Mason's name oh well not much I can do about that either. we did get some money back when we took the outfit back to get the tag removed and told them what had happend.


The outfit I really wanted for him
Thanks Marilyn for taking the pictures.



No comments: