Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

We didn't color as many eggs this year...oh well next year we will do more. and this year we just used regular grocery bags on the kids. Peyton liked it but eventually ripped hers off, I figured she was in a pair of Matt's old jammies so oh well if they got color on them. This year I bought what I thought was a pirate egg kit...I didn't really read the box. It was a Princess pirate kit. But Matt liked it anyway, we didn't tell him it was a princess kit. We also didn't realize one of the colors was black, so when we pulled the egg out it was a dirty brownish green color? So I looked at the box and sure enough there in the picture is a black egg. Wayne thought that was strange at first, I figured ya I guess that makes sense. So we had one black egg.
After egg coloring the kids went to bed and Wayne and I got there easter baskets ready. This year they each got there own bucket of 52 count chalk. They were buy one get one free so Wayne got them each there own. Wayne and I remember an easter when we were little that we got a bike for easter. So we decided to get Peyton a trike, it was originally for her bday but I decided to give it to her for easter, Matt got a Cars scooter and they each got a crayola dry erase crayon book to use for church or car rides. They love there scooter/trike and love to draw outside with there chalk.




I cut the neck just a bit to big.












At first she just smiled and would put her hand on it, but I think she wasn't sure if it was really for her.


Playing with there chicks. They wind up and hop around.


trying out her new trike, she is to short to reach the pedals. The box said 2yrs and up...I forget she is shorter than most 2yr olds. But she's learned to steer it and to just push her self using her feet. She has gotten really good at pushing herself around the house, but watch out she WILL run you over if your in the way!




No comments: