Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day!!

The kids had a great Christmas and Matt was SO excited for Santa this year. He is finally old enough to understand what santa is about...so we took advantage of that and if he was being mean to his sister or not listening we would tell him he needed to be nice or santa might not come. It even got him to go to bed on time the last few nights before Christmas.
Unfortunately the kids were sick again this year so matt ended up in bed with us Christmas eve. When he came into bed he told me he thought he heard Santa downstairs and was so excited, so I told him he better hurry and get back to sleep. So he climbed in and went right to sleep. Then when I was getting out of bed in the morning it woke him and he sat straight up and said again mom I think I heard santa down stairs can we go see. By then it was 7:30 so I told him as soon as Peyton wakes up we would go down....2 minuets later we were all going down stairs.
Matt was excited but then realized santa wasn't there and was pretty mad. I guess he thought Santa would still be there to play with him. I told him Santa just comes to drop off your toys, he has a LOT of other kids he has to stop at and then he goes home to sleep!
Wayne and I had fun watching the kids open there gifts and watching Matt get excited over what santa brought. I got Wayne his Band of Brother's the Pacific on Blu-ray and he got me an iPad and Santa brought us a new TV.



Our tree before Peyton got to it.



We finally put the gifts under the tree the night before Christmas Eve, it was quite a challenge for Matt to not open the gifts.




Christmas Eve dinner...I forgot a LOT of stuff for the dinner so we just had ham, potatoes, sparkling cider and olives. I forgot rolls, green beans, christmas ribbon jello and the stuff for the candy cane cake!



Opening his Christmas jammies...he was SO excited he got to open a gift.



"Mom, I just LOVE my new christmas dress!"...Christmas dress?! I don't know why he thought it was a dress.


"helping" Peyton open her christmas jammies.



I even got Wayne some Christmas jammies this year. Everyone ended up with monkey jammies...it was not planned either.




Tracking santa. he was getting close to us so Matt was excited to get to bed.



I think santa came!


Christmas morning!


Chuck the Talking Tonka Truck From Grandma and Grandpa Hansen





A musical choo choo from Grandma & Grandpa Hansen



Rescue Heroes Firetruck from Grandma & Grandpa Potter....he loves shooting the "water" cannons across the room!



A Doll house from Grandma & Grandpa Potter




She had to have her doll house opened right away!!



We tried a new french toast casserole this year, it is made with cinnamon rolls and has pecans in it...so yummy!

No comments: