Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Halloween

So Matt was Diego for Halloween this year. I decided to just make his costume because the ones online are SO incrediably ugly and they want 50 buck for it! We got him a long sleeved blue shirt and some cargo blue shorts, then we decided it was to cold and ran to go get him some pants the day of our ward party. I made his rescue pack and vest. I ordered the patches off of Etsy.com


What it takes to turn Matt into Diego.




Yes I was crazy enough to stich both patches on his costume by hand! The first one took a few hours the second one took about 4 days!







We tried to do Diego crazy spiky hair but Matt has curly hair so when I added the jel and hairspary at first he ended up looking like Edward from Twilight..shoulda taken a picture. So I added more jel hairspay and wax and it ended up curling in some places and spiking in others.
The ugly costume I found on the net.

And turning our cutie into a Princesess.




We put a little jel on to make her hair curly...such a cutie!



We were surprised at how little people were praticapating in Halloween here. We just went to the houses in housing complex thinking it would be really busy, there are a lot of kids in the housing we live at. I think on each block out of 14 houses only 3 or 4 would have there lights on and most of them just left a bowl of candy out.











We let Matt play the new Tekkan with Wayne while he wore off the sugar high. He actually won about 5-7 games. So Wayne decided it was time for bed...he hates getting beat!

No comments: