Sunday, May 3, 2009

Peyton Maretta Hansen

She's here!
Peyton Maretta Hansen was born April 30 at 2:19pm, she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches long. This labor and deliver went so much faster than the first one.
We had Peyton at Dewitt Army hospital. So my biggest fear was that I would get someone who is just learning and I would be there pin cushion or that I would get someone who would end up sticking me more than 3 times. I am so afraid of needles that I see one and my whole body starts to shake uncontrollably. Lucky me I got the person who stuck me more than three times! They tried to put my IV in the vein in the middle of my hand and she would put it in a little ways and stop, put it in a little more and stop. She did this about 6 time and couldn't get it. I told her that they usually put it in the vein in the wrist by my thumb. So she tried again doing the same thing and couldn't get it. So they got someone else who came in and switched to the other hand and got it in the wrist on the first try. She was so good I didn't feel a thing.
So they got things started and I was already at 4cm so they asked if I wanted to go ahead and get the epidural. I said no because I wasn't even feeling the contractions yet. They came in every half hour for 3 hours to see if I was ready yet. I kept saying no because I couldn't feel them yet. The nurse said I must deal REALLY well with pain. Wayne kinda laughed and told her that I don't deal well with pain at all. Which I don't.
Finally I started to feel the contractions. They went from about on a scale level of a 2 to a 10 in a matter of minuets. So we called for the epidural. They have an anesthesiologist that is just for labor and delivery so you don't have to wait long.
Anyway by the time they came in I was in tears. Yes I cried! Anyway they got things set up and wouldn't ya know it I got someone who couldn't get the epidural in! She would try to put it in and it would send a VERY sharp pain through my back. So she would stop and try again. She tried about 10-15 times before I told her to stop. I thought holy crap I'm going to have to do this without an epidural, there's no way I can do that. So they called for someone else to come try. While we waited Wayne gave me a blessing. Then another anesthesiologist came in and I kept praying that he would be able to get it in. He tried to put it in and there was the sharp pain again. He asked if it was in my back or legs, I told him my back. He said ok good and put it in. There was the sharp pain but he just went through it and was done. I was so glad to have that over with!
After that things went really fast. I numbed up and about an hour later they kept coming in asking if I felt like pushing yet because they were getting alot of head compressions on the monitor. I said no so they left. The doctor was supposed to come in at 2 to check my progress. But at about 1 I started to feel the contractions again so they called for another epidural. Well I was still very numb so they wanted the doctor to check me first before giving me more. So we waited and waited and at about 2 called the nurse to see whats goin on because the pain was so bad. The pain was mainly in my ribs. Every time I had a contraction there would be so much pressure on my ribs that I thought they would break. Anyway the nurse decided to check me and when she looked she looked at me like she was scared! That made me nervous. She ran to the door and yelled we need the doctor were having a baby! The baby's head was right there and I didn't even know. So 4 minuets later we had Peyton! She looked so small we thought that she would have weighed just over 6 lbs. She ended up weighing 7lbs 11oz. We were so surprised at how much she weighed and with how much hair she had! She looked just like Matt. But now she looks just like I did when I was a baby.
ANYWAY enough with my rambling on and on and on. Here are some pictures of Peyton.





















6 comments:

Jessica said...

Are you bottle feeding or brestfeeding?

Cameron said...

I breast feed up until yesterday. It's just not for me. I feel like I bond better bottle feeding. Because I can prop her up facing me so she looks at me the whole time. That and Wayne can bond with her the same way.

Matt and Jenni said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! She really couldn't be any cuter.
And how scary is your epidural story?!! Holy cow, that would have totally freaked me out! I'm so glad it all ended so well though. She is so cute, and you all are such a cute little fam. Can't wait to meet her!

Jorgensen Bunch said...

YAY! Congrats! K your epidural story has scared me into trying the next one natural! She totally looks like Matt with your dark hair. She is adorable. I am so happy for you guys!

Chelsy Hansen said...

These pics make me cry! Such a sweet baby girl and I wish I could hold her. She just looks like she smells like heaven. I love new baby smell. When do I get to meet her? I really wish I could come out. It's crazy that shes here! She looks a bit like Matt. I love her dark hair! Wheres the pics of Matt and Peyton?? If you dont have any you need some. Of all four of you together!!! Tell Lynnette to take some with your camera. You guys are so beautiful! Congrats and your beautiful girl!

Andrea :) said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats! :)